Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Winterfest 2013

I'm finally getting caught up following the Winterfest retreat a week ago.

I was able to teach my Days of '47 quilt at the retreat.


I had a small class -- only six people. But it was a fun group.



Here are some of their blocks.



I was able to take a couple classes from Paula Barnes of Red Crinoline Quilts (formerly Bonnie Blue Quilts).

I am naturally drawn to the style of quilts she makes -- as well as her fabric choices. Yes, I like traditional, old-fashioned, scrappy quilts.


Paula also did a trunk show on Friday evening. Here are just a couple of the quilts she featured.



Alas, the Winterfest organizers have indicated that this was the last year they are doing the retreat. Hopefully someone will choose to take on the responsibility of carrying on the event. If I hadn't gone back to work, I would have considered it. But can't do that and work full time too. Have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails