Saturday, April 13, 2013

Color Scheme Inspiration

I’ve been a Pinterest-aholic lately – thanks in part to the fact that my new iPad can use the newest Pinterest app. (My old one wouldn’t let me download newer apps – but my mother is happily enjoying the old iPad for checking FB, playing games, and listening/watching online programming.)

My latest discovery on Pinterest is the amazing color schemes that are available for inspiration. I tend to get into a color rut in my quilts – since I naturally gravitate towards medium and dark colors in earth tones, reds, and blacks.
color scheme inspiration

But, since I make quilts as gifts, not everyone likes the same colors I do. I love being able to draw color inspiration from new sources.

These are some of my current favorites that I’d love to incorporate into quilts:

color scheme citrus crush
color scheme globe
color scheme sacre coeur
color scheme shelled hues

This is done using online color picker tools and uploaded photos – and the options are endless. One of the more popular creators of color schemes is design-seeds.com. You can also go there to see the color schemes.

If you have  Electric Quilt,  you can also upload photos and use EQ to do the same thing. This is a sample color scheme I created a while back using EQ and a photo of some pottery I was buying in San Gimignano, Italy.




There are many ways these color schemes can inspire -- not just for quilting, but for decorating and more. Enjoy the color scheme inspiration!
Have a great day.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails