Thursday, December 3, 2015

Emily and Jaren's Wedding Quilt

And only more than two years after the wedding.



I had one ready to quilt, only to have the bride's mother tell me that it wasn't Emily's style.

Then I made another top, only to decide I wanted it for myself.

Then I made another top. While it was laid out on my living room couch, I realized it was the first quilt I'd made that actually matched my living room. Yep, I'm keeping that one too.

But I finally picked out a quilt for them. I think it's modern enough for a couple of successful post-millennials (or Generation Z).

Uses batik fabrics, rather than something traditional. It's an original design so no one else will have one just like it. The quilt is one from my book, Triple-Play Scrap Quilting.

They seemed to like it. (I took photos of them with the quilt on Thanksgiving Day, but I can't find them on my phone or my iPad. Not sure what happened.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails