Monday, July 18, 2016

Two More Quilt Tops Quilted and Bound

I've quilted two more of the many quilt tops waiting patiently to be quilted.


The first quilt, made from an American Jane pattern called See Saw. It can be made from a jelly roll, although I used a fat-eighth pack for the main fabric in each block and a jelly roll for the centers.

I chose a simple edge-to-edge motif for the quilting.


I'm not sure who the lucky recipient will be, but with lots of grand nieces and nephews who have outgrown their baby quilt, I'm thinking it's time to start gifting them with a twin-size quilt. (Edited to add: I ended up giving this to a nephew's daughter, Eva, when she turned eight and was baptized.)

I definitely know who the next quilt is for -- ME! It matches my living room furniture perfectly.


This fabric is Basic Gray's second Little Black Dress line for Moda. I loved using this fabric because it was designed by my cousin's daughter, Rachel, who owns Basic Gray.





Time to get another quilt on the frame. No time this week and traveling for work the beginning of next week. But having quilted seven quilts in the last month or so, I'm making good progress.

Update on the reunion quilts: They each garnered $400 towards the family fund for maintaining our grandparents' homestead property. Yay!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails